Can you freeze tomatoes? Yes, you can! This year I found myself literally swimming in tomatoes before the night before I had to head out of town. Perfect for the summer when tomatoes fresh from the garden. I decided to freeze them instead of to can them since I was in a bind for time. These work great for soups and stews or you can make homemade marinara with them!
To Freeze Tomatoes:
1. Wash tomatoes
2. Make an X on the bottom and remove the core
3. Bring a large pot of water to boil and drop the tomatoes in for 2-3 minutes.5.
4. Remove from boiling water and place in an ice bath for 1 minutes.
5. Peel of the skin and cool.
6. Slice or freeze whole in a freezer safe container or freezer safe bags.
Here are more posts on how to freeze foods: