Carrot Cake Cupcakes are must have for Easter in our house. My family always want these wonderfully delicious cupcakes and Sunflower Peeps Cake on Easter. I always use Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Icing to top my Carrot Cake Cupcakes. I think it makes them that more yummy.
Every year we get together and have a huge feast along with an Easter egg hunt for all the little children. It is so much fun to get together and watch the little ones collect their eggs. But most of the adults love the conversations and food.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes are the most delicious dessert for Easter. They are moist and so easy to make. Be sure to give this recipe a try! Is there certain dishes your family wants you to make for Easter? If so what are they?
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how! That is a great money saving tip when you make your own icing.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups grated carrots less than 1 pound
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional - I do not add these because of my boys
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the sugar, oil, and vanilla together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Add the grated carrots, raisins, and walnuts to the remaining flour, mix well, and add to the batter.
- Mix until just combined.
- Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Scoop the batter into 22 muffin cups until each is 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and cook for a further 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.
- When the cupcakes are cool, frost them generously and serve.
Be sure to check out these Easter Recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.