We keep seeing these cauliflower recipes on Pinterest that are raved over, so this week we had to try our hand at it. This Cauliflower Fried Rice Low Carb Weight Watchers Recipe is perfect for insanely delicious weeknight meals without the guilt. Not only does it hit our need for more veggies in our diet, it is low carb and Weight Watchers friendly. It is only 3 points per serving, and these servings are HUGE!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
To get started, we have a confession. The first attempts to make this were a dismal failure. It ended up being really mushy and kind of ugly. It tasted great, but just wasn’t appetizing to look at. This version however, had a few tweaks that really helped it turn out absolutely perfect.
Start with a head of cauliflower you have cut into chunks. You want smaller florets, but not tiny – let the processor do that for you. Next add your cauliflower to your food processor and pulse until it has become finer pieces that are a bit larger than a grain of rice. I recommend this step be done in batches so all pieces are ground up properly.
Next you will want to put this cauliflower into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. This cooks it through, but also helps it release moisture. This is really important since I think our failures before were because the cauliflower was too moist. Remove the cauliflower from the microwave and then pat off extra moisture with paper towels.
Set your cauliflower aside, and start with coking your egg, adding in your veggies to heat through then finish by tossing the cauliflower in with some sesame oil at the last minute to just heat through and crisp. The hardest part of this dish is the prep work! Or you can always pick up a bag of frozen riced cauliflower 🙂
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 3 Points Per Serving
Cauliflower Fried Rice Low Carb Weight Watchers Recipe
- 1 Medium Head Cauliflower or bag of riced cauliflower
- 1 Cup Mix Stir Fry Vegetables Broccoli, Snap Peas, Carrots, etc.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Chop cauliflower into small florets. Place florets into food processor and pulse until the size of a grain of rice. (or use a bag of riced cauliflower)
- Remove from processor and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and pat off excess liquid. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add egg to skillet and scramble
- Once egg has set, add in stir fry vegetables and cook stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes or until just heated through.
- Add in cauliflower, sesame oil and seasoning and blend well. Cook on high heat for 4-5 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked through and getting crispy.
- Serve with soy sauce as desired.
We love this tasty cauliflower fried rice as a side dish, or served with some yummy chicken or pork to create a full meal. It is hearty, tasty and best of all both lower carb and Weight Watchers friendly! It is also Keto Diet friendly too!