My friend and college roomie Christa shared this Chicken Casserole - Freezer Cooking recipe with me. She has it on her monthly menu plan and her family loves it. I hope you enjoy it too! My family loves it as much as hers! It is a crowd pleaser for sure! We love to serve this with Green Beans Almondine for a complete dinner! Chicken Casserole is a yummy Freezer Cooking Recipe.
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut up (boil, bake or use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 pkg of Pepperidge farm cornbread stuffing mix do not mix use as is
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sage
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken (or use a rotisserie chicken)
- Melt butter in casserole dish (this also greases the pan).
- Pour melted butter into a bowl.
- Add to your butter the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup (or you can substitute 1 cup sour cream) chicken broth, celery, onion, 1 egg, sage and salt and pepper to taste.
- In buttered casserole dish, place a layer of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix, a layer of chicken, a layer of soup mix, a layer of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix (be sure your top layer is stuffing mix).
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes.
- If you are preparing for the freezer BAKE and then thaw and reheat.
3 Ingredient Appetizer Recipes
BEST FRUIT DIP - ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS - This is the Best Fruit Dip and with Only 3 Ingredients perfect to make for any party! This sweet, whipped and creamy fruit dip is unlike any other that I have tried.
Old English Cheese Dip - Have you ever been surprised by company and you want to whip up something really fast. Old English Cheese Dip is quick, easy, and everyone will be asking for the recipe!
Perfect Air Fryer Wings - I LOVE wings. In fact, I could eat them way too often! They are a staple in our house.
3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Cocktail Wieners - One of my favorite appetizers to make during the holidays is 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Cocktail Wieners. This recipe is so easy to make.
3 ingredient creamy onion dip - If you are a busy Mom like me, you are going to fall in love with this easy 3 ingredient creamy onion dip. Simply because you are short on time that doesn't mean that you can't make a quick and delicious snack!
Crockpot Skyline Dip - This easy recipe for Crockpot Skyline Dip is perfect to serve or take to a New Year's Eve party or game day!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.