Chicken Cheese Enchiladas Recipe are so tasty and easy to prepare. I love one dish dinners that I can serve with rice and call it a day! This one is perfect for leftovers too!
Chicken Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
Chicken Cheese Enchiladas Recipe are so tasty and easy to prepare.
- 1 package 1.25 oz Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb boneless skinless, chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces of strips
- 3 cup 12 oz shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 can 4.5 oz Old El Paso chopped green chilies
- 1 large egg
- 1 jar 16 oz Old El Paso Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- 1 package 10.5 oz Old El Paso flour tortillas 12 - 6 inch tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350. In a resealable storage bag, mix taco seasoning, oil, and 1/4 c water. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix 2 1/2 c of Monterrey Jack Cheese, the cilantro, salt, ricotta cheese, chilies, and egg.
- Heat 10 inch skillet over med-high. Add chicken with marinade; cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In ungreased 13x9 inch glass baking dish, mix 1/2 cup of salsa and remaining 1/4 cup water.
- Spread evenly on bottom of dish.
- Spoon 1/3 c cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with chicken and then roll it up.
- Place the filled tort, seam side down, over salsa in the baking dish. Drizzle enchiladas with remaining salsa.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c Monterrey Jack Cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.