Chicken & Mashed Potato Boat is a great dinner meal that is super filling and prepared in 30 minutes or less! My hubby especially loves this hearty dish after a long day of working and he likes me to make Sugar Cornbread with it.
To make this delicious recipe you start the bottom layer, known as the boat, with mashed potatoes and I use this recipe --> Secret Ingredient Mashed Potatoes. Next you make chicken & gravy and ladle into the boat (mashed potatoes). Everyone in my house loves this dish and I never seem to have left overs. Hope your family enjoys this meal as much as mine!
Chicken & Mashed Potato Boat is an easy recipe that is pure comfort food.
Chicken & Mashed Potato Boat
- 1 lb shredded chicken
- 2 jars chicken gravy
- 5-6 whole potatoes peeled and cubed
- ½ stick butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- dash pepper and salt to taste
- In a medium size pot add potatoes and enough water to cover potatoes.
- Get water boiling and boil for 10-12 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- In a large skillet add shredded chicken and gravy.
- Cook on low - medium heat, occasionally stirring.
- Once potatoes are done, drain water.
- Mix potatoes with butter and cream cheese until smooth (I like to leave mine a little chunky).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop mashed potatoes onto plate and using ladle make a hole in center.
- Add salt and pepper to taste to chicken and gravy if desired.
- Ladle chicken and gravy into mashed potato boat.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Be sure to try these other 30 minute Meals:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.