Chicken Pasta Soup is perfect for a cold winter day. Easy to make and really fills you up! You can leave the pasta out or use a gluten free pasta too! I love it with the squash and zucchini!
Chicken Pasta Soup
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in to thin strips
- 1 8 oz package sliced fresh mushrooms about 3 cups
- 3 cans 14 oz fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash or zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- In a 4-quart nonstick saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until hot. Cook chicken and mushrooms in butter, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer 10 to 13 minutes or until pasta is tender
- Serve Immediately!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.