Chicken Roll Ups was a dish I simply threw together using ingredients from my fridge. My family loved it! I used the Freezer Cooking method for Shredded Chicken that I always keep on hand in my freezer. I simply pulled it out the night before and put in fridge to thaw or sometimes pull out in the afternoon and thaw on kitchen counter. You can view the recipe for Shredded Chicken.
Then I added peppers, onions and seasoning and created Chicken Roll Ups. My husband and kids fell in love! This is similar to a taquito in my onion but better because it is homemade. Be sure to give this simple recipe a try. It is great for busy nights! It is ready in less than 30 minutes and best of all it is kid approved.
Chicken Roll Ups
- 1 1/2 lb Shredded Chicken Cooked
- 1 Green Pepper diced
- 1 Red Pepper diced
- 1 Orange Pepper diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 T Fajita seasoning
- 3 T Olive Oil
- Soft Tortillas
- Heat Skillet to Medium heat and add olive oil.
- Put Shredded Chicken, all diced Peppers, Onion and Fajita seasoning in skillet.
- Stir constantly while heating.
- Cook until peppers and onion are translucent and chicken is heated.
- Scoop on warm tortillas and roll up.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.