This post may contain affiliate links.
This hearty Chili is perfect for winter days. My husband loves it on game day too! You can use chicken sausage for lower fat. Be sure to give it a try.
Servings 10 -12
- 1 lb. Johnsonville® Italian Ground Mild Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 celery ribs chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cans 14.5 oz. each diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 2 cans 16 oz. each kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 14.5 oz. beef broth
- 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- cheddar cheese shredded (optional)
In a large saucepan, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Add the onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in the tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheese if you like and serve immediately.
Did you enjoy reading this, or did you make it yourself? Share on social media with the hashtag #SPMOMS and/or tag @Stockpilingmoms