This hearty Chili is perfect for winter days. My husband loves it on game day too! You can use chicken sausage for lower fat. Be sure to give it a try.
- 1 lb. Johnsonville® Italian Ground Mild Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 celery ribs chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cans 14.5 oz. each diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 2 cans 16 oz. each kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 14.5 oz. beef broth
- 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- cheddar cheese shredded (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese if you like and serve immediately.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.