Do you love spicy? Do you love shrimp? If you do, you are sure to love this amazing Chipotle Shrimp recipe! We were just hanging out and decided we were in the mood for shrimp. I usually keep a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer, so we dug it out and started cooking. We love things like Boom Boom Shrimp or Bang Bang shrimp, but they often come with a nice price tag at restaurants. We decided to whip up some of our own at home!
- 1 pound Peeled and Deveined Large Shrimp
- 1 whole Lemon (Optional)
- 3 ounce Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Parsley for garnish
- 1 7.76 ounce La Costena Chipotle Sauce, if you can find a smaller can that is perfect. I only use about half! You can adjust to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and stir occasionally until shrimp is pink, about 2-4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet.
- Blend and continually stir together 3 ounces cream cheese and a little less than half the can of Chipotle sauce. Bring to slow boil. Reduce to medium heat for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine sauce and shrimp. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and move to a serving plate.
- Squeeze desired lemon on top and garnish with parsley.
- You can use extra sauce for dipping! Enjoy!
This is a recipe that looks like it would be complicated but it is fast and easy! Perfect appetizer for game day or any holiday! It is easy to double or even triple the recipe for guests. You won't believe how fast it will go. My kids even love it! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Here is a list of Seafood Recipes that include our delicious, favorite fish and seafood recipes! If Lent is something that pertains to you, then these tasty seafood recipes will come in handy for lunches and dinners on Fridays.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.