Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a must have recipe for ripe bananas. What I love most about this recipe is no mixer is required, just a good ole’ wooden spoon will do the job! I love this recipe but I don’t get to make it often because I cannot keep bananas long enough — my little monkeys eat them too fast. When I do make this delicious banana bread it will be gone fast because my hubby and I can’t stop eating it. It is a great snack or breakfast treat.
Did you know you can freeze bananas? That is a great tip for over ripe bananas or bananas that you find on managers special.
This is the most delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe ever! Trust me once you give this recipe a try you will be happy you did!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour, mix.
- Add 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, mix.
- Pour mixture into a greased 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.