These adorable Chocolate Mice are perfect for Christmas. They are fun to make and your kids will love them. They can be served alone or they could be added to the top of a cupcake. They are the perfect addition to a Christmas Tea or Brunch. Your kids will really enjoy eating and helping make them.
It is best to work as a team when assembling. It really helps to have two people to add the ears and head to the body. They were fun to make and everyone loved them. My Dad even got into the process and did a great job in creating these!
- 1 package chocolate-covered graham crackers I used cookies from Whole Foods - you could use Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies or Dipped Nilla Wafers
- 1 bag Hershey's Chocolate Kisses unwrapped
- 1 bag semi-sweet Chocolate chips
- 1 jar red maraschino cherries with stems thoroughly drained
- 1 small bag sliced almonds
- White Almond Bark or gel icing
- Lay out cookies on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper or parchment paper, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave, according to directions on the package.
- Dip well-drained cherries in melted chocolate. Place them on a cookie, stem pointing up (as the mouse tail).
- Immediately place a Hershey's Kiss on the front to form the mouse face.
- Then quickly add two slices of almond for the ears.
- When finished, place two small eyes and an nose on the Hershey's Kiss face with melted white almond bark or gel icing.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: