My husband LOVES these Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. It is a wonderful way to use the extra zucchini from your summer garden and make a delicious treat that the whole family will love. A great way to "sneak in" a few veggies too! You can adjust this recipe to suit your taste buds and he likes some with nuts too.
You can even make a crumble topping out of equal parts brown sugar, chopped nuts, butter and chocolate chips however they are delicious as is too! If you opt for the topping simply sprinkle it on before you bake. Without the topping they freeze well. Hope you enjoy as much as my husband does! Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are so yummy AND a great way to sneak veggies into your kids diets!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini press excess water out with paper towels
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar and oil.
- Add the cocoa, vanilla, zucchini, chocolate chips and stir well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom. Mix until just moist.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins filling 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Store covered.