My friend and college roomie Christa shared this Chicken Casserole - Freezer Cooking recipe with me. She has it on her monthly menu plan and her family loves it. I hope you enjoy it too! My family loves it as much as hers! It is a crowd pleaser for sure! We love to serve this with Green Beans Almondine for a complete dinner! Chicken Casserole is a yummy Freezer Cooking Recipe.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5 1/2 Points Per Serving
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut up (boil, bake or use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 pkg of Pepperidge farm cornbread stuffing mix do not mix use as is
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 rib stick of celery, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken (or use a rotisserie chicken)
- Melt butter in casserole dish (this also greases the pan).
- Pour melted butter into a bowl.
- Add to your butter the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup (or you can substitute 1 cup sour cream) chicken broth, celery, onion, 1 egg, sage and salt and pepper to taste.
- In buttered casserole dish, place a layer of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix, a layer of chicken, a layer of soup mix, a layer of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix (be sure your top layer is stuffing mix).
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes.
- If you are preparing for the freezer BAKE and then thaw and reheat.