Christmas Cookie Crinkles are one of my favorite cookies to make and enjoy during the holidays! When I make and enjoy this delicious cookie it brings back a lot of childhood memories. Growing up my family would get together a couple weeks before Christmas and have a baking day at my grandma's house.
All my aunts, girl cousins, my mom and would spend all day making so many different cookies, buckeyes and any other dessert treat you could think of. My grandmother has passed away but the tradition of getting together baking cookies still happens to this day, just now takes place at my mother's house.
My sister in law and all the kids come and we bake all different things. We make sugar and gingerbread cookies ahead of time for the kids to decorate. It's a tradition we hope to continue for many more generations to come!
Be sure to try this soft and chewy Christmas Cookie Crinkles this year! You only need a few ingredients! You can easily make these gluten free when you use a gluten free cake mix.
Christmas Cookie Crinkles
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine cake mix, water, oil and egg.
- Mix together with a spoon.
- Once a soft dough is formed, roll out 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls through the powdered sugar and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let rest on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cookie rack.
Christmas Cookie Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.