I love this recipe for Cinnamon Chip Scones. If you are looking for a recipe for Afternoon Tea this is it! It may seem a little bit labor intensive but I promise you it is worth it. My favorite scone is cinnamon chips scones. If you like cinnamon you will love this recipe too!
- 3 cups self-rising four
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Hershey's cinnamon chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet. (I use parchment paper)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, blend together butter with dry ingredients until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add heavy cream and cinnamon chips to mixture. Mix together until dough forms.
- Roll out dough to ½-inch thickness and cut out with a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on greased cookie sheet. Brush with an egg wash. (1 beaten egg mixed with a little water)
- Bake 9 – 10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Do not over bake.
Thanks to my Mom, Linda Jennings who blogs at Friendship Tea for this image and recipe.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: