I love this recipe for Cinnamon Chip Scones. If you are looking for a recipe for Afternoon Tea, this is it! It may seem a little bit labor intensive, but I promise you it is worth it. My favorite scone is cinnamon chips scones. If you like cinnamon, you will love this recipe too!
You can pick up your cinnamon chips at Walmart or online at Amazon. They are in the baking isle in your grocery store if they carry them. Trust me you want to give this recipe a try. It is the perfect treat in the afternoon with a cup of tea.
- 3 cups self-rising four
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Hershey's cinnamon chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet. (I use parchment paper)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, blend together butter with dry ingredients until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add heavy cream and cinnamon chips to mixture. Mix together until dough forms.
- Roll out dough to ½-inch thickness and cut out with a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on greased cookie sheet. Brush with an egg wash. (1 beaten egg mixed with a little water)
- Bake 9 – 10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Do not over bake.
Thanks to my Mom, Linda Jennings who blogs at Friendship Tea for this image and recipe.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.