Cinnamon Sugar Cornbread Muffins are great to make for breakfast with a side of fruit and yogurt. My favorite though is to enjoy them fresh and warm as an afternoon treat. The boys love to put a dollop of butter on them and have some milk or hot cocoa. I like to make some Friendship Tea and enjoy a cup along with a sweet, delicious Cinnamon Sugar Cornbread Muffin.
Cinnamon Sugar Cornbread Muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon treat!
Cinnamon Sugar Cornbread Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar + 1 Tbsp cinnamon cinnamon sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, syrup and salt.
- Add eggs in mixture and mix well.
- Next add flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
- While mixing add milk in mixture.
- Stir well.
- Grease a muffin tin and divide half the batter between 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each muffin with about a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon sugar.
- Top muffins with remaining batter, then another 1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until done.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes then serve warm with butter.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.