Cinnamon Sugar Cornbread Muffins are great to make for breakfast with a side of fruit and yogurt. My favorite though is to enjoy them fresh and warm as an afternoon treat. The boys love to put a dollop of butter on them with milk or hot cocoa. I like to make Friendship Tea and enjoy a cup along with a sweet, delicious Cinnamon Sugar Cornbread Muffin.
Cinnamon Sugar Cornbread Muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon treat!
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup real maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sugar + 1 Tbsp cinnamon cinnamon sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, syrup and salt.
- Add eggs in mixture and mix well.
- Next add flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
- While mixing add milk in mixture.
- Stir well.
- Grease a muffin tin and divide half the batter between 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each muffin with about a ½ tsp of cinnamon sugar.
- Top muffins with remaining batter, then another ½ tsp cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until done.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes then serve warm with butter.
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.