I am always on the lookout for a tasty gluten free sauce to cook with. I recently was approached by Citizen Chef and asked if I would review their sauces. I was thrilled with the chance.
Not only were they good, they were GREAT! It is hard for us to pick just one sauce that was our favorite. My husband really loved the Thai Coconut and I was a huge an of the Hawaiian Pineapple BBQ.
Citizen Chef, who doesn’t necessary make gluten-free foods, but rather, offers products made with all-natural ingredients that happen to be gluten-free, has developed a line of Fresh Sauces ($2.99 – $3.99) that offer a convenient way for to quickly prepare delicious homemade meals in 30 minutes or less that the entire family, gluten-free or not, will enjoy.
The Fresh Sauces come in five unique flavor combinations based on some of the world’s most popular culinary experiences, including the following:
- Thai Coconut – Puts the “Thai” in appetizing with a smooth blend of coconut milk, roasted sesame seeds and ginger. Perfect for stir fry, sautés and soups.
- Chipotle Adobo – A smoky blend of chipotle peppers, roasted tomatoes and refreshing lime. Perfect for fajitas and tacos.
- Limone Garlic – Made with extra virgin olive oil, garlic and a fresh squeeze of lemon, this sauce is ideal for seafood and pasta.
- Hawaiian Pineapple BBQ – This island-style sauce combines the flavors of tamari, freshly grated ginger, rich sesame and a pop of pineapple and is perfect for fish tacos and stir fry dishes.
- Pan Asian Orange – An aromatic blend of tamari, freshly grated ginger, orange zest and lemongrass, this sauce is perfect for sautés and grilling.
We used the sauces on a variety of meats from chicken, pork to our veggies and we loved them all! They are light and not overpowering to your food. More of an accompaniment and of course I loved that the entire family could enjoy a gluten free meal together that we all loved!
Disclaimer: I was provided this product to review however all opinions are 100% my own.
Other Gluten Free Product Reviews You May Enjoy: