I love this simplicity of this Classic Steak de Burgo recipe! I added peppers to it because I had them fresh from my garden. It was a big hit at our house! If you are looking for an easy dinner recipe this is it! Classic Steak de Burgo is a delicious dish that is packed full of flavor. Simple enough on a busy weeknight and delicious enough for company.
Classic Steak de Burgo
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3, TBSP snipped fresh basil
- 4, 4 oz beef tenderloin steaks
- dash salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3, cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1, TBSP olive oil
- 1, cups fresh mushrooms quartered about 6 oz
- 1 whole green pepper sliced
- In a small bowl combine 3 TBSP butter and 2 TBSP basil; set aside.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet cook and stir garlic in hot olive oil and remaining 1 TBSP butter over medium-low heat 4 to 6 minutes or until just brown. With a slotted spoon remove garlic from skillet. Increase heat to medium-high; add remaining 1 TBSP basil.
- Cook steaks in skillet turning once.
- Allow 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness. Transfer to serving platter; top each with butter-basil mixture.
- Add mushrooms and green peppers to skillet. Cook and stir until tender and brown about 3 minutes. Spoon vegetables over steaks.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: