This Clean Crockpot Pot Roast Recipe is a great recipe for those trying to eat healthy. It is also a simple dish made with mostly vegetables and spices. My family loved this recipe and want me to make more this week! I had leftovers and used the meat to make Crockpot Homemade Vegetable Soup, which is a huge hit at my house.
All you need for this simple recipe is a 3-4 lb chuck roast, 2 stalks of celery, a small onion, carrots, can of beef broth, pepper and sea salt. Do not let this simple recipe fool you because it is full of flavor and taste! Be sure to try this the next time you have a chuck roast or it is on sale at the store, you will not be disappointed.
Simply place all vegetables in bottom of slow cooker. Next add roast and sprinkle the top with salt and pepper. Pour beef broth around the roast in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove roast and set on plate. Remove vegetables and discard. Mix water and cornstarch together. Pour into crockpot and stir. Once thickened add salt and pepper for seasoning, if needed.
Serve with roast.
To make as a freezer meal combine all ingredients except beef broth in a freezer safe bag. Place in freezer until ready to use. Let the bag thaw overnight in your fridge. Place ingredients in slow cooker and add broth. Follow directions below.
Clean Crockpot Pot Roast Recipe is a great recipe for those trying to eat clean. It is also a simple dish made with mostly vegetables and spices.
- 3-4 lb chuck roast trimmed
- 2 stalks of celery cut in pieces
- 1 small onion quartered
- ½ cup mini carrots
- 1 can 14.5 oz of beef broth
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
To Make Gravy:
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch or arrow root powder
- Place all vegetables in bottom of slow cooker.
- Next add roast and sprinkle the top with salt and pepper.
- Pour beef broth around the roast in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove roast and set on plate.
- Remove vegetables and discard.
- Mix water and cornstarch together.
- Pour into crockpot and stir.
- Once thicken add salt and pepper for seasoning, if needed.
- Serve with roast.
Clean Eating Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.