If you are looking for an easy dinner idea that is Whole 30 Compliant, Paleo, Low Carb and Gluten Free then Coconut Chicken is it! Best of all you can make this with any cut of meat. I chose to use drumsticks because they are my favorite and I was appealing to my son to like this healthy twist on fried chicken. I was so glad I did because he LOVED it.
I also made a chicken breast for the hubby because he is not a fan of dark meat. This was a super easy dinner and it made lots of leftovers too! They also heated up really well (in fact this is a picture of the leftovers because I forgot to take them the first night). As you can see they were just as good on day 2. I served this with potato hash and roasted broccoli. This is a great recipe if you are following the Keto Diet too!
This Coconut Chicken is Whole 30 Compliant, Paleo, Gluten Free and Delicious!
- Chicken of your choice legs, thigh, breast - I used 6 drumsticks and 2 breast
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- If you are using frozen chicken thaw chicken.
- Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush cooking sheet or stone with olive oil or coconut oil
- In a ziploc bag combine flour and spices (the sky is the limit on what you can use - these are suggestions).
- Add chicken one piece at a time and coat thoroughly.
- Place on pan.
- Once all chicken is on pan drizzle olive oil or coconut oil over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through at 400 degrees.
- Broil for 4 minutes (watching closely) to brown skin and crisp up the chicken.
I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as mine did!