Check out our Tips for Container Gardening. Don't let the lack of space keep you from Gardening. Even if you don't have a yard, you can grow a small container garden for fresh vegetables. Check out this tip on how you can use hanging baskets on a porch to use vertical landscape.
Tips for Container Gardening:
- Carrots should be planted in the spring/fall and need partial shade.
- Cucumbers should be planted when it is warm and need full sun.
- Green Onions should be planted in the early sprint/September and need full sun.
- Lettuce should be planted in the early sprint/fall and need partial shade.
- Peppers should be planted when it is warm and need full sun.
- Radishes should be planted in the early spring/fall and need full sun to light shade.
- Summer Squash should be planted when it is warm and need full sun. You can plant 1 per 5-gallon container.
- Tomatoes are full season and need full sun at least 6 hours per day. You can plant 1 per 4-to-5-gallon container.
If you don't have space or a yard to plant a garden this may be a great alternative for you. Have you tried container gardening? I would love to hear about it!
We are looking forward to planting our garden and sharing the process with you!
Other ideas you may like: