This Copycat Wendy's Chili tastes just like the real thing! Melissa and I love Wendy's Chili, we even like to put sour cream in it. Wendy's Chili is gluten free and one of the few "fast food" items that Melissa can enjoy. So when Melissa came across this copycat recipe I jumped on it to make it. My husband was excited and he ate 3 bowls!
I served toppings along the chili and let everyone put their own in. I had shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and crackers. This recipe is great because you can make it on the stove top or put it in the crockpot. I had made mine the night before and mixed it together and put in my 5 qt crockpot and set in fridge overnight. The next day I pulled it out and put it in the crcokpot to simmer and cook all day.
I had most of the ingredients on hand and in my pantry which was great for me! Be sure to try this recipe and you won't be disappointed! This copycat Wendy's Chili recipe tastes just like the real thing! Give it a try today!
Copycat Wendy's Chili
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 can 29-ounce, tomato purée
- 1 can 15-ounce, red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can 15-ounce, pinto beans, drained
- 1 medium onion chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp chili powder use less for milder chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin use more for real flavor
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
- Drain off the fat.
- Put the beef and the remaining ingredients in a 6-quart pot.
- Cover the pot and let the chili simmer for 1 to 1 ½ hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out these recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.