Corn Muffins are a terrific, individual bread side for most meals. This simple recipe seems like they may not have much taste, but much to my surprise they were out of this world delicious! I will have to admit that I may not ever buy the box stuff at the grocery store anymore.
I served these tasty corn muffins along side Slow Cooker Superb Beef Stew. These wonderful muffins would also go great with Slow Cooker Black Eyed Peas and Crockpot Root Beer Roast. My boys and hubby loved them! There was not a single muffin left in the pan. This scrumptious corn muffin recipe will definitely be on our menu again!
Delicious, tasty Corn Muffins that are super easy to prepare!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg, oil and milk; stir gently to combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Cook slightly and serve.
Here are some other Bread recipes you may enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.