Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day dinner! My amazing friend Erin loves everything Irish and made this delicious dinner for her family. Her family loved it and wanted more and more. She said it takes awhile to make but it is so worth the wait. Plus it will make your home smell tasty!
This is great to make on St. Patrick’s Day to have the Luck of the Irish! I love corned beef and cabbage so I would make this any time of the year. Good thing my husband loves it too!
Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe is perfect for St. Patrick's Day dinner! May the Luck of the Irish bestow upon you!
- 1 4-pound cured corned beef brisket, trimmed
- 16 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pickling spice
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 2 1/2-pound head green cabbage, cored and cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 pounds small red potatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 5-ounce jar prepared horseradish, drained and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place brisket in a large stockpot; add water and next 5 ingredients (water through garlic).
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 hours.
- Remove brisket from pot.
- Place brisket on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan.
- Strain cooking liquid through a colander into 2 large bowls; discard solids.
- Return liquid to pot.
- Add caraway seeds and cabbage; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes.
- While cabbage is cooking, place potatoes in a large Dutch oven.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- Return potatoes to pan.
- Stir in parsley, butter, rind, juice, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine breadcrumbs and horseradish.
- Spread mustard over one side of brisket.
- Press breadcrumb mixture onto mustard.
- Broil 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve brisket with cabbage and potatoes.
St. Patrick’s Day Crafts, Ideas and Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.