This post may contain affiliate links.
Cranberry Buttermilk Scones are the perfect addition to your Christmas Tea or Christmas brunch. They are so festive with the addition of dried cranberries (we used cranraisins). You could serve these with clotted cream or lemon curd for the perfect topping!
You could serve these scones in place of biscuits. They are a little sweet but I am sure that all of your guests would enjoy them! We recently served these at our Christmas Tea. Everyone loved them.
Cranberry Buttermilk Scones
- Cranberry Buttermilk Scones
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup of cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Put aside 1 tablespoon milk and prepare cinnamon sugar
- sprinkle of 2 tablespoons sugar ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl; cut in butter
- Stir in buttermilk just until combined
- Fold in cranberries and orange peel
- Turn onto floured surface; divide into two parts shape each portion into a ball; pat dough ball into a circle approximately ½ inch depth and cut into desired shapes circles or wedges. Place onto lightly greased baking sheet; brush each scone with 1 tablespoon milk and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake @ 400 degree for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: