Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes are amazing! This is hands down the most requested recipe that I make. My family loves potatoes and since I found out I have Celiac Disease I use them as a staple in our house. I love that this recipe is naturally Gluten Free (just be sure your ingredients are). I personally use hormel bacon (Natural). Now let’s get back to this deliciousness! Seriously how can you go wrong with this combo? Honestly, you can’t! Bacon, Cheese and Potatoes are always a winner!
Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished – this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes. Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter. Next repeat the layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Finally dot with butter (the more the better). Cover with remaining foil and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Trust me on this one, you will have a happy family when this recipe is ready! My husband loves this for game day! We like to garnish with sour cream and green onion. We hope you enjoy this delicious Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes Recipe as much as we do!
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
- 1/4 pound bacon diced - I bake it first in the oven so that it is "done" and browned then I dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 6 - 8 red potatoes quartered (thinly sliced if using regular potatoes or if you use a new potato then halve)
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions optional
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished - this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Do not use as much onion if using green onions. I only used a 1/2 an onion.
If you like this recipe you may also like:
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Sour Cream & Bacon Crockpot Chicken
- DIY Twix Bars
- Homemade Fruit Popsicles
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
- DIY Uncrustables – How to Freeze PBJ’s