This slow cooker recipe for Crockpot Bayou Stew is a great seafood dish! My husband and I love shrimp! Any time I can make a crockpot recipe using shrimp, I try it. Boy am I glad we tried this shrimp stew because it tasted amazing and you only need 4 ingredients! I had everything in the crockpot in less than 3 minutes and went out for the day. When I got home I put the shrimp in and 30 minutes later dinner was ready. You do not want to include the shrimp in the morning or they will be chewy and not edible.
This recipe is simple to prepare. Spray the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Add tomatoes, beans and celery to slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on HIGH on for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours). Stir in the shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cooking and season with ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper. Serve with white rice.
You can serve the Crockpot Bayou Stew alone or you ladle it over some fresh rice (which is how we ate it). My husband gave it two thumbs up and wants it back on the menu for sure! Be sure to try this seafood recipe, perfect if you are looking for something to eat during Lent.
To prepare this as a freezer meal, combine all the ingredients except shrimp in a freezer safe bag. Let it thaw the night before in the fridge. Place in the crockpot the day you want to cook and follow the recipe directions. This is a great recipe for a Mardi Gras Celebration! I hope you enjoy this Crockpot Bayou Stew!
Crockpot Bayou Stew
- 2 cans 10 oz each Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 cans 15.5 oz each kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ribs celery cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 lb frozen raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add tomatoes, beans and celery to slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH on for 4 hours.
- Stir in shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cooking and season with ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper.
- Serve with white rice.
- **To cook on low -cook for 8 hours and then turn onto high, wait 5 minutes and put shrimp in for 30 minutes to cook.
More Seafood Recipes You May Enjoy
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.