Crockpot Bean Stew is a delicious Vegetarian Slow Cooker recipe and an easy freezer meal! This recipe is perfect for the cool Fall or Winter weather. This is an easy dump and go recipe. Simply place all your ingredients into the slow cooker and let the crockpot do the work. When you come home you will have a delicious aroma.
You can also prep this recipe ahead of time and freeze until ready to use. Just add all ingredients except chicken broth into a gallon size ziploc bag and place in the freezer. When ready to cook just thaw overnight in the fridge. Then in morning add to crockpot with chicken broth and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours and enjoy.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. This is my favorite which is great for freezer cooking. This is a hearty recipe that the whole family will love. I like to stretch my family budget by making a meatless meal each week. This is a recipe that is high in fiber and one that everyone will enjoy. You can add more veggies if you like too!
This Crockpot Bean Stew recipe is also naturally gluten free which I love. I like to prepare it with Gluten Free Cornbread. I hope your family enjoys this delicious bean stew as much as my family does. I made this for Melissa and she loved it too! It is an inexpensive recipe to feed a large crowd.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 3 Points Per Serving
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry beans picked over and rinsed
- 2 medium carrots peeled and finely diced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 3 tablespoons uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- If you are preparing for freezer simply dump all ingredients into a freezer safe bag and freeze. When ready to cook simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place in the slow cooker in the morning and cook on low for 8 hours.