We are loving this simple and healthy lemon rosemary chicken that you can easily freeze and then prepare in your slow cooker. Not only is it healthy it is delicious! It is simple to prepare. This recipe is Whole30 compliant and paleo plus it is naturally gluten free. As you know I have been eating Whole30 and just completed my third round. During this round I relied heavily on the slow cooker to prepare our meals because we had so many soccer games and end of the school year activities. This was a moist and delicious dinner that the entire family enjoyed.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. You can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftovers for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs of chicken in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of chicken.
Simply salt and pepper both sides of chicken breasts Place all ingredients except for chicken broth into a freezer safe bag. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place into the slow cooker with 1 cup of chicken broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours until done
I served this chicken with roasted brussells sprouts and roasted potatoes. I hope your family enjoys this Crockpot Lemon Rosemary Chicken. It is light and healthy and soon to be a family favorite.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 fresh lemon juiced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic crushed and minced
- 1 TBSP dried rosemary
- salt/pepper - optional
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts or skinless boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken breasts
- Place all ingredients except for chicken broth into a freezer safe bag.
- When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into the slow cooker with 1 cup of chicken broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours until done.