This Crockpot Pot Roast Recipe is my go to recipe when making pot roast. It is a recipe that is embedded in my memory! I do not have to look anything up and most of the time I have all the ingredients on hand. Some people always ask why I place butter on top of my meats when I cook them. Well adding butter helps tenderize the meat and give it good flavor. It is just my personal preference so if you want to skip on the butter you certainly can.
I have been making this recipe a long time, even before I met my husband. This recipe is so easy to make and I love that it makes a complete crockpot dinner for my family. We like to serve Sugar Cornbread with the Crockpot Pot Roast Recipe which makes my family very happy. Be sure to try this Pot Roast slow cooker recipe soon, you will not be disappointed!
- 3-5 pound chuck roast
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 celery stalks cut in pieces
- 2 potatoes quartered
- 1 small white onion quartered
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 Tbsp butter cut in slices
- Place vegetables (carrots, celery, potatoes and onion) in bottom of the crockpot.
- Place roast on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper and parsley.
- Pour the mixture over the roast.
- Place butter slices on top.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low 8-9 hours.
- Remove roast and veggies from slow cooker onto a platter.
- Add 1 Tbsp cornstarch that has been mixed with a few tablespoons of water into crockpot and whisk to thicken, if desired to make a gravy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Directions:
Simply dump all your ingredients into a freezer bag. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Dump ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
More Crockpot Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.