This post may contain affiliate links.
If you like your chili hot and spicy then the recipe for Crockpot Spicy Chili is for you! I will admit that I like my chili on the milder side but my husband and oldest son love it spicy. So I decided to kick it up a notch by using Johnsonville Italian Ground Sausage and adding more spices to this delicious spicy chili just for them.
But I must say that much to my surprise I really enjoyed it. I do like adding sour cream to my chili and I think doing so helped bring the heat down a bit for myself. So even if you do not like hot and spicy do not be afraid to try this scrumptious slow cooker chili recipe! You will not be disappointed!
Simply brown the meat and garlic in a skillet and drain the fat. Place the cooked meat, cans of beans, can of tomatoes and can of tomato sauce in slow cooker and stir well. Next add chili powder and cumin and stir well. Sprinkle the seasoning packet on top and mix well. Cover with lid and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Serve alone or with toppings. I like to create a chili bar when I serve my chili. I put out shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, crackers and hot sauce for those who like to kick it up a notch.
Crockpot Spicy Chili
- 2 lbs Italian ground sausage
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 14.5 oz cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can 14.5 oz can black beans, undrained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 15.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 pkg. Crock-Pot® Chili Seasoning
- sour cream for topping optional
- shredded cheese for topping optional
- Brown the meat and garlic in skillet; drain fat.
- Place cooked meat, cans of beans, can of tomatoes and can of tomato sauce in slow cooker; Stir well.
- Add chili powder and cumin; Stir well.
- Sprinkle seasoning packet on top and mix well.
- Cover with lid and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Serve alone or with toppings.