Gathering with friends and family to watch your favorite football team can make for a great time. This year, get into the spirit of game day with these easy and inexpensive DIY Game Day Napkin Rings. They will add the perfect touch of color and festiveness to your party, and are a great way to dress up your meal for less. If you are planning a super bowl party or children's sports themed birthday party you will love this inexpensive craft. Take a look at how you can make your own so you can be ready in time for kick off!
DIY Game Day Napkin Rings
Cardboard tube (a paper towel roll is perfect)
Football themed scrapbook paper
Green construction or scrapbook paper
We were able to find sheets of football themed paper at our local craft store for less than .50 cents each. Head to your local craft store and see what you can find! Chances are they too carry a nice assortment to choose from.
1. Begin by cutting your cardboard tubing into smaller, 2 inch pieces. This is the perfect napkin ring size.
2. Next, wrap each piece of cardboard tubing in the football themed scrapbook paper. Cut the paper to fit, and adhere to the roll with glue.
3. Snip any extra paper off, cutting it to fit the tube nicely.
4. Cut a length of ribbon and wrap it around the tube, securing it into place with a dab of glue.
5. Embellish the ribbon by cutting out a small square of green paper and gluing it to the tube. Over this piece of green paper, glue a football or other themed image cut out from your scrap book paper. As you can see, we just snipped out one of the footballs that was on our main sheet of scrapbook paper.
Now all you need to do is roll your napkins and run them through each tube. Display the napkins in their decorated rings in a football shaped bowl or at each person’s place setting. They are sure to be a hit with your guests and your budget!
Now all you need is some game day snacks! Check out these 10 Game Day Recipes that are sure to make your crowd happy!
Check out these Game Day DIY Projects:
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!