Have you tried a Dutch Baby Pancake yet? If you haven't you are really missing out! They are easy to prepare and serve for brunch.
I mean seriously take a look at this beauty. A Dutch Baby Pancake is the perfect brunch recipe to serve because you can fill it with beautiful fruit. My friend Crystal perfected this recipe and shared it with me. She uses JD Country buttermilk for her recipe but if you don't have any you can always use whole milk instead.
Making a Dutch Baby Pancake can look intimating but she says it is is amazing and so easy. She loves cooking in her cast iron skillet. I am going to give this recipe a try and change out the flour to gluten free flour and see how it turns out. I am excited to give it a try and invite some of my girlfriends over for brunch.
Don't have buttermilk on hand? That is no worries. You can easily make your own homemade buttermilk with this recipe. You can also fill it with any fruit on hand. She used fresh blueberries but you could use blackberries, raspberries or strawberries. Whatever your family enjoys. Serve with with a drizzle of fresh maple syrup and some Kerrygold butter and you are set.
Here is a link to the Vanilla Bean Paste.
Dutch Baby Pancake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup JD country buttermilk (any brand will do)
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter, melted
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon or orange zest
- 1 tsp. Madagascar vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- In a blender, combine flour, eggs, buttermilk, lemon zest, vanilla salt, and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and blend until smooth with no lumps.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter over high heat.
- Add the batter and immediately put the skillet in the oven.
- Bake until the pancake is golden brown and puffed up on the edges, about 20 minutes.
Thanks Crystal for sharing this recipe with us. She is an essential Oil Babe, registered Nurse, Wifey and Momma to two and a clean eating freak. Check her essential oil business out online.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.