Easter Egg Cupcakes are perfect to serve for all the children on Easter Sunday! My boys love these cupcakes. They love the bubble gum used as Easter eggs and the green coconut on top of the creamy frosting. For the cupcake mix I followed the directions in —> How to Cut Calories When Baking a Cake —> I used a box of yellow cake mix and 7UP.
These cupcakes are easy to make and you can prepare them ahead of time. I usually make these the Saturday before Easter and keep them in the fridge until morning. The morning of Easter I pull them out so they can warm up and they are perfectly delicious by the time we are ready for Easter dinner. Easter Egg Cupcakes are the perfect dessert on Easter Sunday! The kids (and adults) love these!
Easter Egg Cupcakes
Easter Egg Cupcakes are the perfect dessert on Easter Sunday! The kids (and adults) love these!
- 24 cupcakes prepared
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp water
- green food coloring
- small bubble gum balls I used 72 pieces - put 3 on each cupcake
- Place shredded coconut in ziploc bag.
- Add 1 Tbsp water into bag along with 5-6 drops of green food coloring.
- Shake bag until coconut is desired color.
- Spread dyed coconut onto plate.
- Frost each cupcake with icing and roll in coconut.
- Place 3 gumballs on top in the center.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easter Recipes and Ideas
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.