This post may contain affiliate links.
This yummy Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Freezer Meal recipe is a great family dinner meal! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing 10 Oven Ready freezer meals for my family’s dinners. With the school year activities in full swing and a season full of football, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family.
So I got busy finding and creating recipes so I could take an afternoon and have meals ready to go for my family. This tasty recipe has been a family favorite dinner so far out of all the freezer meals. I served the delicious Easy Chicken Enchiladas as a complete dinner meal and for dessert we had vanilla sorbet.
This yummy Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe is so good and it’s an easy freeze oven ready supper that everyone will love. The recipe below will make two batches, so you can enjoy one now and freeze the other for later is you want too! My whole family loved this complete dinner meal and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this freezer meal and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.
Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Freezer Meal
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 6 cups shredded cheese I used Mexican style
- 20 flour tortillas
- 4 15 oz cans enchilada sauce (red and/or green – I used 2 red sauce for the mixture, and 1 red sauce on top of one batch and 1 green sauce on top of the other)
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 7 oz can chopped green chiles, drained
- Optional toppings if desired; sour cream olives, salsa, lettuce, beans, rice
- 2- 9 x13 pan
- Place raw chicken in a boiling pot of water and Boil for 20 mins, or until chicken can be shredded.
- Then using a cutting board and fork, shred the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl combine the chicken, cheese, chiles, black beans, and 2 cans of the enchilada sauce.
- With a large spoon, fill 10 tortillas with the mixture.
- Roll it up and place it in 9X13 baking dish with seams down.
- Repeat doing another 10 tortillas until all chicken mixture is used in another baking dish.
- Pour one can of enchilada sauce over the top of each batch.
- Cover with heavy duty foil and label with a permanent marker.
- Wrap in plastic wrap for more protection from freezer burn.
- Store in freezer.
- To prepare from frozen, bake at 400F for 45-60 mins, until melted and bubbly.
- Serve right away and add optional toppings if desired.