Easy Cherries and Cream Danish is a recipe I started making because my family was craving something cherry. We had ordered butter braids from my son's school and we had devoured the last one the week before. They were wanting more and there is no way to order them at this time. This is when I started thinking of a way I can make them something cherry for breakfast out of the things I already had on hand. I headed to the pantry because we always have cherry pie filling on hand! When you have ingredients in your pantry you can let your creative self get to work. You can change this recipe to whatever you have whether it be strawberry, blueberry, apple, or even cinnamon.
Ingredients for Danish
- 1 Can Duncan Hines Country Cherry Pie Filling (if you want more cherries then you may want to add an extra can)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Cans Crescent Roll Sheets (you can also use regular cans of crescent rolls)
- ⅔ C Sugar
- 3 tsp Vanilla
Ingredients for Icing
- 1.5 c Powdered Sugar
- 3 tsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- I use an stand up mixer to beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Continue until smooth.
- Open cans of Crescent Roll sheets but do not unroll them. You will be slicing the roll in portions.
- Use a serrated knife to slice each can of rolls in to 10-12 equal portions.
- I use my thumbs to put an indention in the middle of the sliced portion and bring the sides up so it will hold the cream cheese filling.
- Fill each danish with cream cheese filling and top with cherry pie filling.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Cooking time varies in ovens, so I would check at 10 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla together. You may have to add more milk or powdered sugar to get the consistency you like.
Easy Cherries and Cream Danish is not the only amazing breakfast or dessert recipe we feature on StockpilingMoms. I love sharing new recipes and always challenge you to make changes based on what your family prefers. Sometimes when you change something around you find something that is weekly menu worthy. My family liked the Cherries and Cream filling so much I decided to make desserts. Instead of putting the cream cheese filling and cherries in the roll we put them in a bowl! They loved it!
StockpilingMom Best Breakfast Recipes
Easy Cherries and Cream Danish
StockpilingMoms Best Desserts
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.