We are love with this Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe Recipe. In fact my son asks for Sloppy Joe at least once a week. I decided to turn my easy skillet recipe into a slow cooker recipe so that it would not only be easy to feed a large crowd but also be easy to have prepared on days where I am gone throughout the day. It is perfect for after a ball game or on nights we have practice. It would be great for tailgating and game day too.
My son enjoys his sloppy joe on a bun with a slice of cheese however you can enjoy it with or without cheese! This is my favorite recipe to feed a large crowd. Once you try homemade sloppy joes you will never be able to eat the canned version that is for sure! I did find that I needed to drain the excess liquid from the slow cooker before serving with a slotted spoon and I decided to stir in an additional 1/2 cup ketchup right before serving but that is optional of course. See if you think it needs it before you add.
This easy freeze slow cooker sloppy joe makes great leftovers too! Best of all this recipe is naturally gluten free. It can be prepared with ground beef, ground turkey or ground bison. Regardless everyone will love it! I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does! It is soon to be a family favorite for sure.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP Worchestershire Sauce
- salt and ground black pepper - optional
- Combine all ingredients into a freezer safe bag. (Meat will not be cooked).
- Mix well in the bag and freeze.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place in the slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve on buns.