Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is a family favorite recipe in my house! My whole family loves this delicious, tasty soup. I love that I can throw it in a large stockpot and it is ready in 30 minutes!
I came up with this recipe last year when I was feeling so great and just wanted a good bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup. I went through my kitchen and grab some chicken tenders (but feel free to use chicken breast too, tenders is what I had in my fridge), carrots, celery, onion, spices, chicken broth and egg noodles.
I chopped the veggies and put them in the large pot and sauteed those lightly. If you aren't using veggies you can skip this step. Next I added the chicken and the spices. This really brings out the flavor of the spices. I added the chicken broth and brought it to a boil and then added the noodles and allow it to cook for 15 minutes until the noodles were done.
Finally turn the soup down to a simmer, remove the bay leaf and serve. My family loves this Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and with the weather turning colder they have already asked for me to put it on the menu plan!
Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken, breasts or tenders
- 32 oz chicken broth or bone broth, boxed or canned
- 1 cup onions, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups Egg noodles
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 whole bay leaf, optional
- Add veggies and 2 TSBP oil into large stock pot and sauté for 10 minutes until tender
- Add chicken and spices to the veggies and cook until done over a medium heat Always cook your spices with your meat and veggies to infuse the flavor.
- Drain any oil and shred chicken with two forks
- Add chicken broth and 1 bay leaf to the pot and bring to a boil
- Add egg noodles once liquid is boiling and reduce heat to medium
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the noodles are done
- Remove your bay leaf before serving
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to try these other delicious Soup/Stew recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.