I love this Easy Hummus Recipe! I LOVE Hummus and making my own is so affordable. Hummus is my favorite gluten free snack! I honestly don’t know what I would do without it on a daily basis. Now that I can make my own with this homemade recipe I am going to be able to save myself money!
Hummus makes for a nice healthy fat snack too. I like to serve it with veggies like green peppers, carrots and cucumbers. I also love it with crackers or tortilla chips! I hope you enjoy this 5 ingredient recipe as much as I do! You can also FREEZE Hummus!
Made with chick peas you will not believe how simple this is to prepare. Simply drain your chick peas and dump them into a blender or a food processor. Next add your remaining ingredients (but only 1/2 the water). Puree until smooth and creamy. Adding additional water until it reaches the consistency that you prefer.
Perfect for an afternoon treat this is a yummy snack that will leave you satisfied. I hope you enjoy this money saving recipe as it can really help you cut down on your budget. I have picked up chick peas at the grocery for less than $1 before!
Easy Hummus Recipe
- 1 can of chick peas
- 1/2 clove of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of water
- Drain the chick peas and dump them into a blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients but only half of the water (1/8 cup)
- Puree until smooth, adding additional water until your desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, veggies or crackers.
Salami Rolls (Gluten Free)
Jalapeno Popper Dip (Low Fat ~ Weight Watchers)