This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Parmesan Risotto is a nice side dish to most meals. This recipe is super easy to prepare and quite tasty. My husband and I loved it. I served it with Better Than Fried Shrimp Recipe.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Easy Parmesan Risotto
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic optional
- 3/4 cup short grain arborio rice
- 1 14 ounce can good quality chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 16 oz pkg frozen peas and carrots
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add in the chopped onion and fresh garlic (if using); saute for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
Add in the rice; cook/stir for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed, and the rice is tender.
Check out these other Side Dish recipes: