Easy Stained Glass Holiday Cookies are perfect to make and enjoy for Christmas. This simply semi-homemade cookie is a favorite because no one will realize that you start out with a packaged sugar cookie mix. This recipe is fun to make with your kids and everyone will enjoy the festive cookies during the holidays. Perfect for Santa too!
Easy Stained Glass Holiday Cookies
- 1 pouch 1 lb 1.5 oz Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- Betty Crocker® red and green decorating gels
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until dough forms.
- Roll dough on floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Decorate unbaked cookies using gels.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet; cool completely, about 20 minutes.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.