This post may contain affiliate links.
Eggo Sunrise Surprise is a delightful way to start your day. In this easy breakfast recipe you get a little bit of everything. Fresh egg, sausage, gravy and waffle in every bite. My husband absolutely loved this recipe. He has requested for me to make this breakfast again this weekend for him! My oldest son also loved his and wanted to know if next time I could put bacon in it too.
Eggo Sunrise Surprise is a delicious breakfast that the whole family will love!
Eggo Sunrise Surprise
- 1 Eggo Homestyle Waffle
- 1 egg
- 1 sausage patty flatten out
- 1 packet country gravy mix prepared as package directions indicate
- 1 green onion chopped (optional)
- shredded cheese optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Flatten out sausage patty and cut out circle in center of patty (I use a glass and press down and then remove extra sausage - save to the side to make more).
- Place sausage in skillet carefully.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip over and crack open egg into the center.
- Cook for 3 minutes then place skillet in oven.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes (Be sure to check often and cook until it's done to your desire).
- While sausage is in the oven place waffle in the toaster and cook according to package directions.
- Heat up your country gravy.
- Place waffle on plate and cover with gravy.
- Place sausage on top of the gravy.
- Sprinkle with green onions and shredded cheese if desired.
- Serve right away and enjoy.
I use a cast iron skillet when preparing the sausage/egg and I can fit 4 of them at one time in the skillet.
Disclosure: Stockpiling Moms are “Chief Waffle Offices” – this is a sponsored post however all opinions are 100% our own.