Eggplant Casserole is a great vegetarian dinner dish! If you are overwhelmed with eggplant from your garden then this recipe is a perfect way to use up some of your eggplant. This casserole was super easy to put together and place in the oven and let it bake away. It is only 3 Weight Watchers Points (4 Slices of Eggplant with toppings).
I did serve it with some bread from the bakery at Kroger. My hubby and I thought it was delicious, my kids however were not fans. But they did at least try it! A great money saving tip is that you can freeze cottage cheese too! Be sure to give this vegetarian casserole a try.
Only 3 Weight Watchers Points in this Vegetarian recipe and so easy to prepare!
When dividing into 6 servings:
SMART POINTS: 5 Points per serving
POINTS PLUS: 3 Points per serving
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 lb eggplant slices half-inch thick
- Grill eggplant on George Foreman Grill for about 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Spray 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Put eggplant on bottom of pan.
- Spread spaghetti sauce over eggplant.
- Mix cottage cheese and mozzarella, and spread it over sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes and serve hot.
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.