Firecracker Shortcake is the perfect dessert for 4th of July. It is a light, refreshing and tasty dish. You can serve this dessert with or without coolwhip. My family and friends prefer when I make Homemade Whipped Cream and put it on top. This is a great dish that you can prepare ahead of time and it travels well for parties and gatherings.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 lb strawberries rinsed and cut in halves
- 2 lb blueberries rinsed
- 1 angelfood cake prepared and tore into bite size pieces
- 1 coolwhip tub optional
- In a glass bowl layer the angelfood cake and fruit.
- Place coolwhip on top, if desired.
- Keep in fridge until ready to eat or travel with.
Be sure to check out these other 4th of July treats:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.