Shredded Chicken is a staple for Freezer Cooking Recipes. Making Shredded Chicken in batches saves time and money by preparing in bulk. I love to pick up chicken on manager’s special to use for freezer cooking. It is a great way to save both time and money! You can also use split chicken breasts to save money. This is a great time saver because you can use this precooked chicken in place of uncooked chicken in your recipes. It is great for casseroles.
Recipes that use Freezer Cooking – Shredded Chicken
Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Directions:
Combine all ingredients into a freezer safe bag. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Shred with two forks and then use in recipes. You can also shred with a Kitchen Aid Mixer. This is a freezer meal staple ingredient.
Divide into quart size freezer bags, remove the air and seal tightly. Place these smaller portions into larger gallon freezer bags, and label accordingly. Freeze. To use, simply remove the amount of smaller portions you need and transfer to refrigerator to thaw and add to your dish.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4 Points Per Serving (6 servings)
Freezer Cooking Shredded Chicken
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Place in a large roasting pan.
- In a separate container, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, paprika, oregano, garlic, and pepper.
- Pour over chicken breasts and use a fork or your hands to toss until completely coated.
- Bake uncovered on middle rack 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool 20 minutes.
- Use 2 forks or a knife and fork to shred chicken breasts completely.
- Divide into 10-15 small sandwich-size freezer bags, remove the air, seal, and roll up tightly.
- Place these smaller portions into larger gallon freezer bags, and label accordingly.
- To use, simply remove the amount of smaller portions you need and transfer to refrigerator for thawing, heat in microwave, or add to your dish.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.