This post may contain affiliate links.
Fresh Cucumber Salad recipe is a great vegan, gluten free dish! It has so much taste and flavor in it. This recipe does take time to make, but in the end it is worth it. It takes me about 30 minutes to chop up all the veggies, but if you are a faster chopper then it will take less time. This is a great healthy side dish for summer!
Then to get the full flavor of taste from Fresh Cucumber Salad recipe, you have to let it marinate for hours or overnight. I recently made this salad and packed it in our cooler and took it on our vacation. Yes we drove over 12 hours to Gulf Shores and I made this delicious salad to take for our lunches. My husband was in heaven having this salad to munch on all week while on the beach. Be sure to try it you will not be disappointed!
Fresh Cucumber Salad
- 3 large cucumbers peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 - 1 1/2 sweet onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp dry ground mustard
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 cup corn canola, avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cucumbers and onions.
- Set this aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, salt, mustard, and celery seeds.
- Whisk in the oil and vinegar until emulsified.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the cucumbers and onions and toss it to coat.
- Put the mixture into a large Ziploc bag (or you could just cover it) and refrigerate at least 4 hours (overnight or longer is even better).
- Turn the bag (or stir the mixture) once or twice during that period.
- Serve chilled.