This recipe for Fried Apples is a great side dish for most meals or served over ice cream as a treat. It is also naturally gluten free! We love to serve it at holiday's with Ham. There is nothing better than fried apples! This is a southern comfort food that can be served for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- 5 medium green apples - peeled cored and sliced
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- In mixing bowl combine apples, cinnamon and sugar.
- Toss to coat apples evenly.
- Heat skillet to med-high heat and melt butter.
- Add apples to skillet.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring often.
- Once apples are soft they are ready.
- Place apples in bowl or on plate to cool before serving.