Fried Goetta is a breakfast staple in my home. My family loves having fried goetta on weekend mornings along with pancakes or waffles. I grew up having fried goetta every Sunday morning with our breakfast meal. Our breakfast would consist of scrambled eggs, fried goetta, toast and jelly. So now that I am older and passing on the tradition of making fried goetta for weekend breakfasts it makes me feel good.
Have you tried it? It is an acquired taste for some but I love it! It is a Cincinnati Breakfast Tradition!
Fried Goetta - A Cincinnati Breakfast Tradition
- 1 roll of goetta
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees.
- As griddle is heating; slice goetta into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Once griddle has heated place slices on griddle making sure to leave space between slices - you do not want them touching.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until a nice golden brown layer has formed.
- Flip over with a spatula and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Place fried goetta on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try out these other Breakfast recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.